Tori Himemiya's butler, whom he works as an idol together with. He has a calm and collected demeanor and is capable of adapting to any situation. Having worked as a butler for many years, he takes pride in his ability to be of service. Along with his gentle singing voice, his performances are precise and sophisticated.
Yuzuru is a tall young man with a good build. He has short dark blue hair that is slightly curled at the ends and cut just below his ear. He has dark fuchsia colored eyes. He also has a beauty mark under his right eye. He wears the school's uniform with the white shirt undone at the collar and a green tie under the blazer. His jacket is done up, with the sleeves of a grey sweater showing. He wears brown loafers.
Yuzuru has a calm and polite demeanor. He is skilled at taking care of others, and genuinely enjoys activities like housework that others would find bothersome.
Since he is used to following orders, he is still learning who he truly is and what he wants.
Overall, he has a caring personality, and appears to have had one since a young age. He can get restless when he is not allowed to help others.
He enjoys cooking healthy meals for the people he cares about, and has recently picked up gardening to keep himself busy.
While he appears to enjoy drawing, he has no genuine artistic talent – even his most innocent drawings tend to be misunderstood as demons or monsters. Midori, who has a love for ugly-cute things, is a big fan of his pieces. He has a phobia of dogs, which makes taking care of the Himemiya family’s dog, King, quite troublesome. He apparently used to be a crybaby, and he still tears up easily whenever Tori is successful or expresses affection towards him.
According to Wataru, Yuzuru’s interest in keeping things tidy and clean may be a way for him to feel in control, a hint to a more arrogant personality beneath the surface. Yuzuru appears to confirm this hypothesis.
He is protective of Tori and Tori’s younger sister, as well as his juniors. This can sometimes make him overbearing – for example, he goes as far as personally censoring Tori’s manga.
Hints towards his military past can sometimes seep through in his everyday behavior, causing some characters to be intimidated by the reactions he has in tense situations, or by the uncharacteristic bloodlust-like excitement he displays in times of danger or conflict.
Yuzuru’s polite and detached way of speaking is a result of his upbringing as a butler, and he finds this way of speaking easier compared to casual speech, since he got used to it at a young age.
When particularly emotional, especially around Tori, he can regress to a sort of “baby talk” and refer to himself in third person.
His formal speech often hides snarky, flippant remarks, especially around people he finds unpleasant or annoying, or people he is close to.
Due to his profession, Yuzuru tends to put a certain distance between himself and others, and seems to be afraid of closing said distance.
His attachment to Tori and his worrywart tendencies used to get in the way of his social life; however, he has since begun expressing more vulnerability around others and making friends outside of Tori, as well as building a more genuine and balanced friendship with Tori himself.
Yuzuru's first name means "bowstring," befitting of his membership in the archery club. However, it is also a homophone for a verb (譲る) that means "to yield." His surname also contains the stem of the verb "to bow down" (伏す). These are a fitting connection to his role as a butler.
- Yuzuru uses honorific speech, which most likely developed from being a servant. Specifically, he uses humble language (kenjougo).
- Yuzuru's autograph consists of his full name, rendered in kanji.
- His favorite color is blue.
- He can sew well enough to be trusted to mend torn costumes.
- Before joining Yumenosaki he used to have longer hair, worn tied at the back of his head. His appearance was "one of a street fighter" also described as rock-like. He knew Ibara during that time.
- He says that the knowledge of being a servant has been drilled into his head since a young age — therefore, he does not know how to enjoy himself the way other people his age do during his free time. He's also completely disoriented about what to do when he's not taking care of Tori.
- He transferred to Yumenosaki around the same time as Anzu.
- Yuzuru hints that he's secretly displeased with how Tori had become so close to Anzu in a short time and was treated as more of a friend than him, who stayed by Tori's side the whole time.
- Yuzuru used to be quite fond of dogs until the Himemiya family's pet dog, King, attacked him. Since then, he has shown a fear of dogs, to the point where he screams if they get too close to him. However, Yuzuru has been training to overcome this fear.
Voice Actor Comment
"Yuzuru-kun gives off the impression of your archetypal butler, and he always seems to hold his head up high, but at the same time, he's not so perfect that he can do everything, and he's also a cute boy with these little things about him that may make your heart skip a beat.
Since he's a butler, it goes without saying that he serves a master. His master is an adorable little rich boy, so adorable that you can't help stealing a second look at him, so I hope you will check out Yuzuru-kun's relationship with his master as well. I've heard that the characters will speak when you touch them, so please be sure to interact with both Yuzuru-kun and his young master! I hope you will regard them both kindly." (Enstars!)
"" * (Enstars!!)
|fine||Eichi Tenshouin • Tori Himemiya • Wataru Hibiki • Yuzuru Fushimi|