|Souma Kanzaki |
|"I have prepared myself to nobly commit seppuku!"|
|Club||Marine Bio Club|
|Likes||Lushly green places|
|Family||Parents, little brother|
|Hobby||Mental concentration, cooking|
|Specialty||Sleeping while standing up|
|Voice Actor||Keisuke Kaminaga (神永圭佑)|
|First Debut||Revolution - 56 (Game)|
Chapter 4 (Manga)
Serious, rigid, and quick to jump to conclusions--whenever his emotions run high, Souma would attempt to draw the sword he's carrying everywhere, especially at those who are dishonest. His family is of the Kanzaki style and famous in the world of kendo. He honestly admits his mistakes, but it quickly leads to self-blame and rigorous training.
Despite his serious disposition, he joined the Marine Bio Club (one of the most suspicious clubs in the academy) and has great respect for Kanata Shinkai. He doesn't get along with Kaoru Hakaze from the same club, but hits it off with Adonis Otogari, his classmate. A member of the unit AKATSUKI.
Souma is a boy of average height and build. He has long indigo colored hair, tied back in a ponytail with a white band, leaving two stray locks of hair fringing his face. His hair reaches about his mid back when tied up. He has light purple eyes. He wears the school uniform, which includes a white shirt with the collar undone, a blue tie, and a blazer buttoned up. He wears dark brown loafers. He can always be seen with his sword; it has a black sheath and dull yellow handles.
On stage, Souma wears AKATSUKI's uniform, which is reminiscent of traditional Japanese clothes. It includes a one-sleeved red and white kimono with a yellow striped sleeve. The outfit includes a black obi tied to the side, with red cords hanging from it. The top part of the kimono is fur-lined, and he wears a black sleeveless shirt under it. The bottom part is red with white petals scattered along the bottom, and he wears black fitted pants underneath. He wears high black boots with black laces. His hair is tied back with the same type of red cord hanging from the obi. He also wears white athletic tape on his arms from the wrist to the forearm. He can be seen with his sword, or a light purple tinted fan.
- Souma's autograph consists of his full name, rendered in kanji.
- He gets teary when watching documentaries about sea turtles.
- Souma has admitted to wanting to cut down a human being with a Japanese sword. He has, on multiple occasions, asked someone if he could do so. (He is refused every time, of course.)
- In the Farewell! Festival of Memories and Quarrels event, Keito had ordered Souma to stand outside, balance a bucket on his head and recite the Buddhist prayer. Souma was moved since he had a similar punishment in his household. However, he sang Akatsuki's songs instead since he does not know of any Buddhist prayers.
- Like Kuro, he had been called a 'muscle daruma' by Keito.
- He sometimes gets submerged in the school's fountain by Kanata, as being showed in "Quarrel Festival" and the Ensemble Stars manga's weekly 4-koma - marine bio club's case.
- In the Secret Acts! The Moonlight Scroll of the Elements event, it is revealed that the Kanzaki household owns a horse named "Saigo-don (砕号どん)", probably a reference to one of the greatest samurai in Japanese history, Saigō Takamori's nickname "Saigō-don (西郷どん)". The horse is featured in his card, Samurai's Big Moment.
|Character||Name||Souma's Nickname||Nickname for them|
|Anzu (Protagonist)||· Souma-kun(Novel)||· Transfer Student-dono|
|Mitsuru Tenma||· Sou-chan-senpai|
|Yuta Aoi||· Kanzaki-senpai||· Aoi|
|Adonis Otogari||· Kanzaki||· Adonis-dono|
|Arashi Narukami||· Souma-chan||· Narukami-dono|
|Hokuto Hidaka||· Kanzaki|
|Makoto Yuuki||· Kanzaki-kun|
|Mao Isara||· Isara-dono|
|Natsume Sakasaki||· Souma-kun||· Sakasaki-dono|
|Souma Kanzaki||· Ware (我)|
|Subaru Akehoshi||· Zaki-san||· Akehoshi-dono|
|Eichi Tenshouin||· Kanzaki-kun||· Student Council President-dono|
|Kanata Shinkai||· Souma||· Buchou-dono|
|Kaoru Hakaze||· Souma-kun|
|· Marine Life Club's disgrace|
· Koushoku Ichidai Otoko
|Keito Hasumi||· Kanzaki||· Hasumi-dono|
|Kuro Kiryu||· Kanzaki||· Kiryu-dono|
Voice Actor Comment
"I am very happy that I was invited to participate in Ensemble Stars. As someone who is still new to voice-acting, plus being surrounded by so many famous senpai, I was very nervous. I found Souma Kanzaki's character to be very interesting, as even though he's still young, he's quite old-fashioned; his speech is quite peculiar, and he has the habit of always bowing to everyone. I also felt a great affinity for him, since we share one character in our last name, as well as our favorite food!"
|Unit||Keito Hasumi • Kuro Kiryu • Souma Kanzaki|