A modern warrior who carries a sword on a regular basis. Both his words and his actions are antiquated. Although there are times where he can be earnest and helpful, there are also times where he can be reckless. With his carefree singing voice, he puts on a sharp and serious performance.
I am Kanzaki Souma, of Akatsuki. The company with which I am associated with is "Rizumu Rinku". Mm, although I am not particularly skilled when it comes to reading English script, I was able to say the company name correctly, without falter. Thankfully, my time spent practicing before I retired to slumber last night was not for naught. Although when compared to the great and honorable Hasumi-dono and Kiryu-dono, I am still but a novice of an "aidoru"... In order to become an "aidoru" who shines like the radiant sun, I, Kanzaki Souma, shall sally forth!
So I just have to talk about Kanzaki? Hmm… This is kinda cliche, but I think he's doing well. He's a little younger than me and Hasumi-no-danna, but still, he's doing his absolute best to keep up. There are times where he shocks us with how much he's grown. Well, of course, he can be cheeky, so there's also no shortage of times where he surprises us with how much he blunders when we wouldn't have expected it... But he's genuine, honest, and all around a good kid. Whether it's Kanzaki or Hasumi-no-danna, I'd say I'm pretty blessed to have them as friends. Er... Is it alright if I stop there? Kinda feel a lil' embarrassed now.
Souma is a boy of average height and build. He has long dark purple-colored hair, tied back in a ponytail with a white band, leaving two stray locks of hair fringing his face. His hair reaches about his mid back when tied up. He has light purple eyes. He wears the school uniform, which includes a white shirt with the collar undone, a green tie, and a blazer buttoned up. He wears dark brown loafers. He can always be seen with his sword; it has a black sheath and dull yellow handles.
On stage, Souma wears AKATSUKI's uniform, which is reminiscent of traditional Japanese clothes. It includes a red and white kimono with a yellow striped sleeve. The outfit includes a golden obi tied to the side, with purple cords hanging from it. The top part of the kimono is fur-lined, and he wears a black sleeveless shirt under it. The bottom part is white and purple with orange leaves scattered along the bottom, and he wears black fitted pants underneath. He wears high black boots. His hair is tied back with a white band. He also wears a black sleeve on his right arm that goes almost up to his shoulder. He can be seen with his sword.
- Souma's autograph consists of his full name, rendered in kanji.
- He and his family have a permit to wield swords in public.
- He gets teary when watching documentaries about sea turtles.
- He wears kimono at home, and is able to teach someone how to wear one.
- He dreamed of playing alongside dolphins for a long time.
- He makes food for Kamegorou, the pond turtle kept by the Marine Life club.
- He uses horse oil passed down for generations in the Kanzaki household to take care of his hair.
- Like Adonis, he has a lot of difficulty with technology and often forgets to bring his smartphone with him, but his family does have a landline at home.
- He enjoys open-air tea ceremony, particularly in Yumenosaki Academy as there is so much beautiful nature around. He is also good at calligraphy.
- He is very susceptible to hypnosis due to his simple-minded and honest nature.
- Souma prefers Japanese food over Western food.
Voice Actor Comment
"I am very happy that I was invited to participate in Ensemble Stars. As someone who is still new to voice-acting, plus being surrounded by so many famous senpai, I was very nervous. I found Souma Kanzaki's character to be very interesting, as even though he's still young, he's quite old-fashioned; his speech is quite peculiar, and he has the habit of always bowing to everyone. I also felt a great affinity for him, since we share one character in our last name, as well as our favorite food!" (Enstars!)
|AKATSUKI||Keito Hasumi • Kuro Kiryu • Souma Kanzaki|