The son of a famous fortune teller, Natsume engages in fortune telling alongside idol work. Though his words and actions are often mysterious, he's serious and hardworking. His singing voice is like a playful prank, and his movements in performances are sharp.
Good afterNOON, Little KitTEN. I’m Natsume Sakasaki. I’m Switch's leaDER, and I belong to the agency New Dimension. Switch is a unit made up of three magiCIANS. Do you want to know what kind of stages we perform ON, and what magic we USE? I’d be glad if you were interesTED. I’ll cast a spell of happiness on YOU....♪ That’s my purPOSE, after ALL. Fufufu, look forward to IT.
Shisho~ is Switch's leader! He's Sora's master in magic and teaches Sora a lot of stuff! He also plays games with Sora~♪ Sora loves Shisho~! And he's really kind, too~♪ Even if he teases Senpai, he shows a warm color when he does it. Looking at that warm color makes Sora's heart warm too~♪ Sora's not that good yet, but Sora wants to become a magician as good as Shisho~!
Natsume is a young man with average height and build. He has golden eyes and red hair which is asymmetrically cut, growing a streak on the left side that goes down to his shoulder, while keeping the rest of his hair at average length. Some of his hair is coloured white, but most of it is red.
- During the "Ensemble Stars!" era, Natsume was one of the additional definitive main characters introduced into the game and storyline.
- Natsume made his "Ensemble Stars!" game debut in the company of Tsumugi Aoba and Sora Harukawa, presenting to audiences as Switch for the first time on August 18, 2016.
- His late entry to the series makes him one of several characters to be revealed after the game's release, also notably including the idols belonging to Valkyrie, MaM, and Eden.
- His sentences always end with katakana; he explained the reason in his first sub story: "By distorting the pronunciation at the end of a sentence, it yields a sense of Discomfort. It is precisely because sound is caught by the ears that scars remain on the Heart. That’s the sort of “good luck charm” it Is."
- In Element, Tsumugi mentions that Natsume used to crossdress as a child. In a tweet, Akira revealed this was the result of an old Japanese tradition to protect young boys with weak constitutions. Natsume seems to find the topic unpleasant whenever Tsumugi brings it up.
- He skips class a lot. The reason for this is that he’s a quick learner and is able to study the materials of a year ahead of his classmates, but he also insists on wanting to spend his time freely without feeling restricted.
- Sometimes he speaks in a different font,
like this. It is still unclear why he speaks that way, but he never ends a sentence with katakana when using this font. However, in his Natsume's first sub story, he speaks in this font, and then remarks that his magic "did not work as expected," so it is likely that when he speaks in this manner, he's "casting a spell," or, in other words, speaking his honest feelings.
- He appears to wear perfume at school, as Makoto and Sora remark he gives off different fragrances depending on the day.
- He can bake.
- He can’t swim.
- He has created many secrets passage around the entire campus, and has also been placing hidden cameras in places such as the secret room.
- Natsume's autograph consists of his first name written in Roman letters. The individual letters overlap each other partially, and it features a star at the end.
- He loves all games, but he absolutely hates losing.
- He believes education is a form of brainwashing.
Voice Actor Comment
"I think Natsume-kun is Switch’s brain. He becomes Switch’s compass and operates it. Even if the three of them are looking at different directions, they’re moving towards the same direction—probably the fact that they’re scattered is what evokes a sense of unity, which is a rare pattern that is unprecedented.
There’s always something behind every word that Natsume-kun says, or rather, I think he’s a person that carries a sense of responsibility in every word he says. And those around him can’t tell how much he stays true to his words. I think that slightly mysterious part of him is his charm. I want to know him more, but maybe it’s also better not to. I also like fortune-telling, so I can relate to him a bit." (Enstars!)
|Switch||Natsume Sakasaki • Tsumugi Aoba • Sora Harukawa|