Having been isolated from society for a long period of time, Nagisa appears to be almost otherworldly. Along with Ibara Saegusa, he works as one half of Adam. Though he may be calm and quiet in disposition, he is very considerate of and passionate about his friends. With a singing voice that makes one feel as if he is speaking profoundly, his performances have an appeal to them that draws people in.
...My name is Nagisa Ran. I work under COSMIC PRODUCTION, and I'm the leader of Eden.
Uhm... Please wait a minute. Without a script from Ibara, I'm at such a loss for words, aren't I?
... Let me try it again, I am an idol. One might question why I say it now, but... I want to observe idols closely for the sake of understanding myself. I'm not sure if I'll get to the answer by working with Eden, but I want to continue walking alongside Hiyori-kun, Jun, and Ibara.
Nagi-senpai is, how do I say it—he's really like a person on top of the clouds... Like a genuine "heavenly being" who lives in a different world from me, who's like a stray dog barely able to stand by myself on the ground. And because I'm in a unit with that kind of person I'd never get to talk to if I lived a normal life, I find that life is pretty unpredictable... Well, when I try to talk to him, I can relate to him in some way, and as an idol, I have a lot to learn from him, so I respect him... ♪
Nagisa is a tall young man with a good build. He has long, wavy white-silver hair which is often tied up to form a ponytail with one thick strand of hair on each side of his face. He has ruby red eyes.
As someone who's both quiet and tends to march to the beat of his own drum, Nagisa feels like he cannot convey his thoughts well to others without an intermediary. He often speaks in an enigmatic manner, inadvertently perturbing others through inadequate communication and delivery at times. For this reason, he prefers to move along with what Ibara tells him to do and abide by his dutiful command, thus creating the distant-dictator-like character he uses during lives. Despite acting as an obedient youth who attends to Ibara's willing directive, Nagisa is considerably critical of his provided orders and script, identifying minute logical inconsistencies and patterns through further analysis. In any circumstance that Ibara's strategies are unsatisfactory, Nagisa will not stand idly by, initiating his authority to reject plans and present new possibilities. Due to how distant he feels from humans, he can make others wary of him and has been described as closer in character to one of the Five Oddballs rather than to a member of fine. At his core, however, he does not wish to hurt others and wants to understand them.
Nagisa is purely a kind soul deep down, tried and true, finding conflict undesirable in favor of cooperative sympathy and seeking harmony through amity. As typically contending with his morals, he recognizes the troubling aspects of the idol industry with much disdain. As such, the larger realm of humanity and emotion may elude Nagisa, perplexing him during some instances. But through trial and error, he gains a better comprehension of relationships with every interaction he shares.
Beyond the veils of his persona, he appears curious about many subjects of interest, exhibiting a child-like eagerness to learn and undertake new tasks. Although Nagisa's attention tends to fluctuate, his diligent approach has led to great potential for excelling in various trades. Despite his defined talents and giftedness, Nagisa manifests an uncommon humbleness, verging on subservience. As his abilities proceed beyond his years, Nagisa has attained expertise and prowess that reinforce his position as an esteemed idol, all the while guided by Ibara's careful eye.
Even though he typically behaves reservedly, his colleagues are aware of Nagisa's tendency for lighthearted mischief. As recognized for a particular whimsical affinity with his fellow members of Eden and those closest to him, Nagisa shares a more cheerful nature with his peers. Nagisa's sporadic enthusiasm spurs impulsive actions on his behalf, leading to the dismay of others on occasion.
After being secluded for some years during his childhood, Nagisa still finds himself developing an identity in the world. He finds an obligation in learning to adapt to the subtleties that come with proper manner and common sense, taking interactions with the people around him as opportunities to grow. He was described as unconventional, displaying a highly individualistic, wild behavior. His eccentricity promotes a disposition that may be initially challenging to discern. He also frequently inquires others of appropriate responses to any given situation, showing aspirations to respect the social atmosphere.
The two characters consisting of Nagisa's first name each respectively mean "calm" (凪) and "sand" (砂). His surname translates to "rebellion" (乱). The meaning behind Nagisa's name is somewhat contradictory and contrasting, befitting that of his complex qualities hidden within.
- He stands as the tallest member of Eden.
- During the "Ensemble Stars!" era, Nagisa was one of the final definitive main characters introduced into the game and storyline.
- Nagisa made his "Ensemble Stars!" game debut in the company of Ibara Saegusa, presenting to audiences as Adam for the first time on October 9, 2017. His unit (alongside Eve and Eden as a whole) was the last official unit to be announced during the game's lifespan.
- His late entry to the series makes him one of several characters to be revealed after the game's release, also notably including the idols belonging to Valkyrie, Switch, MaM, and Eve.
- Nagisa and the members of Eden are currently the only characters active in two official units at the same time that aren't considered shuffle units or temporary units besides the members of Double Face.
- Despite being the formal leader of his unit Eden, Nagisa has consistently taken to singing lower vocals as harmony rather than the melody with his fellow unit-mates in various songs and performances.
- In his second year, Nagisa is visibly bad at speaking. He often says things in casual Japanese, only to correct himself later and say the same thing but in polite (keigo) speech. He also stutters, uses short sentences or has breaks in his speech that are noted by commas in the dialogue. Sometimes he adds onto a sentence after he has already finished speaking, which gives the impression that he may be insecure in what he’s saying. He worries about not being able to read the atmosphere and saying the wrong things at the wrong time.
- He likes ancient artifacts, such as fossils.
- He enjoys reading books and is in the BIBLION circle for this reason.
- Nagisa has built the reputation of an esteemed idol, even within the confines of Cosmic Production. He acts as their public "face" and is also duly addressed as the title of Vice President Ibara's "treasure". His role within the agency is essential to its ventures.
- Nagisa had once taken an interim from his work as an idol to pursue some self-discovery abroad. Diverging from his original intentions, he instead loses himself and forgets how to speak Japanese properly during the journey.
- He's always eager to try new things, from simple things like art to extreme things like mountain climbing.
- Once when he went mountain climbing, Eden had to send a search-and-rescue squad when he went missing.
- His prideful and dictator-like behavior is an act scripted by Ibara. Once he learns that he can use this persona against Ibara, he overuses it to the point of Ibara losing patience with him.
- When experiencing bouts of stress, Ibara confides in Nagisa to braid his hair. The waviness found in Nagisa's hair is a product of this and leads to the occasional odd-looking hairstyle. Regardless, Nagisa is quite fond of Ibara's pampering.
- He is inclined to withdraw from progressing his ambitions or objectives when they seemingly yield no immediate results.
- Whenever he goes out, he often ends up buying a lot of unnecessary things that make Ibara scold him. Thanks to that, he now has to learn how to manage his own money since Ibara is limiting his pocket money.
- He often goes to the market and cooks by himself when Ibara punishes him or when Ibara is too busy to cook for him. He has said that he grew interested in it and enjoys doing it by himself.
- Sora described his color as "Hard to see, as if light passes through him".
- Tsumugi regarded Nagisa as a somewhat odd but good child. He notes that Nagisa rarely addresses himself, and it's as if he lacks a "self".
- Nagisa became acquainted with Subaru's father during his childhood. Taking some time to teach the youth, Subaru's father was the one who explained to Nagisa how to sing.
- Proceeding the War Era, Nagisa returns to Yumenosaki Academy and is pleased to see how it regained an atmosphere of calm and joy, even after the consequences of his participation in fine's revolution. Although the time bore much strife and turmoil for Nagisa and countless other students, Nagisa acknowledges the value of this history and the influences that led to his current being. Even with conflict ingrained in the past, he has managed to find happiness alongside the students of Yumenosaki.
Voice Actor Comment
"He [Nagisa Ran] has a taste that is a bit different from the impression he gives off at first glance. Please take good care of him. I look forward to working with you." * (Enstars!)
"Thank you for enjoying Enstars, and thank you for your continued support. Thank you very much. Are you now familiar with Nagisa Ran, Adam, and Eden? We hope you will continue to support us!" * (Enstars!!)
|Eden||Nagisa Ran • Hiyori Tomoe • Jun Sazanami • Ibara Saegusa|
- Official Profile
- Old Official Profile
- Revenge Match - Chapter 10
- Revenge Match - Chapter 26
- Nagisa Ran Sub Story 1
- The Fruit of Knowledge
- ES Idol Song Season 1: Eden - Lyrics
- Wonder Game
- Flowers of the Wasteland - Chapter 1
- Poisonous Snake's Tongue
- Wonder Game - Chapter 26
- Neverland - Chapter 5
- SS - Chapter 39
- One of A Kind
- Antique Legend - Chapter 15
- Neverland - Chapter 5
- The Place I Finally Reached
- Wonder Game - bluebird,redqueen 3
- Revenge Match - Chapter 20
- Revenge Match - Chapter 26
- Flowers of the Wasteland - Chapter 2
- Flowers of the Wasteland - Epilogue 2