Mika admires Shu Itsuki's artwork, but is now in pursuit of his own personal art form. He has a gentle personality, but there are occasionally times when the mind of a natural airhead leaks out. With his slightly melancholic singing voice, his performances are both personal and comforting.
He is a member of COSMIC PRODUCTION's Valkyrie.
Mika is a young man with a skinny build. He has mid-length tousled black hair which resembles the feathers of a crow. It appears dark green and sometimes even brown in certain lighting. His eyes have heterochromia iridium; his right eye is a light golden color, while his left is aqua. At school, he wears his school blazer unbuttoned over his navy blue sweater. His white shirt is untucked and unbuttoned at the collar, and he wears a black long-sleeved shirt underneath. He wears a green tie loosely around the collar, purple sneakers and loose plaid pants.
[enstars!! stage appearance]
He is not good at controlling his emotions; most of the time, they control him instead. As he is dependent on Shu, he has shown that he can also accomplish many tasks on his own but is afraid of failure.
He describes himself as not being able to accomplish anything and that he is only a ‘doll’ used to obey orders, however, it has shown that he is able to complete many things on his own without the guidance of any others.
He is also an extremely hard worker, and often finds it hard to take breaks. He even goes as far as working on his own birthday to get money for his unit, which is in a bad financial crisis. He shows signs of fatigue and has even fainted from the poor condition his body is in. Many friends have expressed concern of his condition, some saying he gets thinner each time they see him.
He shows extreme amounts of loyalty to his friends and will do almost anything for those he cares about. For example, he was willing to put up any kind of fight to protect his unit which was in critical danger of being shut down. When he loves something he never lets it go and never takes back his word.
While he may be bad with expressing emotion, his true intentions always get out sooner or later whether it’s on accident or on purpose. For example, he used to treat the Producer harshly, as Shu would, and would say that Valkyrie does not need a producer. However, as time passed he got more friendly with the producer and has told her a lot of his true opinions.
Mika’s first name (みか) is written in hiragana and is somewhat girly. It sounds similar to the archangel Michael, which both Nazuna and Leo have mentioned. It may also come from 三日月 (mikadzuki), meaning “crescent moon,” as this pun on his name appears in his solo song, Rondo of Amber and Lapis Lazuli. “Kage” (影) in his last name means “shadow.” This could refer to how he used to be Shu’s backup dancer when he first entered Valkyrie, essentially standing in his shadow. His solo song may imply that the full meaning of his name could be “the slice of shadow cast by the crescent moon.”
- During the "Ensemble Stars!" era, Mika was one of the first additional main characters introduced into the game and storyline.
- Mika made his "Ensemble Stars!" game debut in the company of Shu Itsuki, presenting to audiences as Valkyrie for the first time on March 2, 2016. His unit was the first official unit to be announced after the initial release of "Ensemble Stars!".
- His late entry to the series makes him one of several characters to be revealed after the game's release, also notably including the idols belonging to Switch, MaM, and Eden.
- He is the youngest and shortest member of Valkyrie.
- Mika speaks in Kansai dialect.
- Mika often carries around candies to eat. He has stated that nice sweets make his stomach upset, and prefers things that an amateur would make, such as half-burnt cakes and cheap candies.
- He is very similar in looks and personality to Suzu Kuromori from Ensemble Girls!. This has been stated many times by other characters (by Anzu in Mika's first sub-story, by Chizuru Yakumo in the light novel, and by Mika himself in Milky Way). It is implied by Suzu's dialogue in Ensemble Girls! that he may be her long-lost twin.
- He was able to quickly recognize a book as being an old English manuscript of Mabinogion (and not a diary as Ritsu had believed), which implies he likely has a decent interest or knowledge in European history.
- He has a duller sense of pain and often doesn't notice when his hands have been pricked by a needle while sewing.
- He is extremely night-blind and has trouble seeing anything in the dark, to the point that it restricts his movements and abilities and often causes physical injuries.
- Sora described his color as "Murky, but hiding a strong, beautiful light within — like a volcano storing magma in its chamber".
Voice Actor Comment
"I’m Jun Oosuka, the voice of Kagehira Mika. I did a double take when my manager sent me a message saying, “You’re going to be in Enstars!” When they showed me the character settings for Mika-kun, I had to do a triple take. I don’t even remember how many times I had to look at the script when they gave it to me… I think I must have stretched out my neck with all the double takes (lol).
Mika-kun… He’s a good kid, admirable and lovable. He’s the sort of guy you wouldn’t be able to take your eyes off if you had him as a friend. Please show him some love and produce him. (In Kansai Dialect) Valkyrie is the best!" (Enstars!)
" "* (Enstars!!)
|Valkyrie||Shu Itsuki • Mika Kagehira|