He accidentally became an idol, but lately he is properly facing his path as one. He tends to find things bothersome, and has a pessimistic attitude. Mascot characters are his emotional support. With a delicate, soft singing voice, his performances are slightly modest.
I'm Midori Takamine, working under Starmaker Production. I'm part of Ryuseitai. So, you see... It was actually by accident that I joined the idol course in Yumenosaki Academy, and then I just so happened to join Ryuseitai... So I was always anxious about whether or not someone like me should be an idol, and stuff... But I managed to get this far all thanks to the support of my fellow unit members. I don't know how much further I can go from here... But I'm the infinitely growing Ryusei Green, so I've made up my mind to work my hardest. If it's okay with you, please watch as I continue to grow further... that'd make me happy...♪
Midori-kun's in the same unit and class as me! He's tall and handsome, and I'm super jealous of it! Although, uh, he's got a pessimistic side to him... Ahaha, the truth is, we clashed over that once before. But 'cause of that, we're now able to support each other and work hard together! So I really want all of you to come and watch us perform as Ryuseitai! 'Cause Midori-kun's insanely cool onstage!
Midori is a tall young man with a good build. His hair is light brown, short, and slightly tousled. His eyes are a light blue, aqua color. He wears the school's uniform with white shirt unbuttoned at the collar and a blue tie, together with a black button-up sweater under the school's blazer, which is left unbuttoned. He wears green sneakers with white accents and laces.
On stage, he wears the green color version of RYUSEITAI's uniform. It includes a black and white leather jacket with green accents and gold trimming and detailing. The jacket is longer on the back than it is in the front, and the inside is designed with a sparkly purple fabric, reminiscent of a galaxy. He wears a black shirt underneath and a gold necklace with a green star as well as white form-fitting pants with a sparkly purple stripe down the outer sides. This is accessorized with a green and white striped belt with a gold and green star-shaped buckle. The belt has golden strings dangling from it and a sparkly green and white wrap tied to it. He also wears tall green boots with white accents and gold detailing, along with a pair of black fingerless gloves.
Midori is often sullen and in low spirits. He often makes inappropriate remarks and rants, and formal and honorific speech are his weakness. He has a complexity about his height, and tries to eat less or avoid eating meat so as not to grow any bigger. He has a tendency to feel restless when there is unfinished work, and would rather stay up late until it's complete. This relates back to how there's a side of him that actively wants to work hard and integrate into RYUSEITAI, the unit he belongs to.
Midori's first name means "emerald" or "green," which is also his color in RYUSEITAI, as well as the color of his student uniform's sneakers. His last name means "high peak," which is most likely related to his height.
- For more information, see: Midori Takamine/Family
Midori's family consists of his parents and older brother. Midori's family owns a greengrocer in the shopping district near Yumenosaki Academy (Called 八百屋 高峯, Greengrocer Takamine or Takamine's Greengrocer). Despite his complaints about them, Midori treasures his family, especially his brother.
- Midori's autograph consists of his full name rendered in hiragana and also features the head of a mascot character, stemming from Midori's interest in them.
- He is the tallest among his classmates, both in his first year and second year.
- He shares the same birthday with Adonis.
- He loves cute stuffed animals and mascot characters, especially odd-looking ones where the species is unclear.
- On top of that, he loves ugly-cute drawings where the drawn object/animal is unclear; for this reason he enjoys Yuzuru Fushimi and Tetora Nagumo's drawings.
- On his Enstars!! birthday, he was gifted a drawing of such nature, though it isn't confirmed who drew it.*
- People around him often mention how good-looking he is.
- People often remark he looks scary when wearing a blank/serious expression due to his handsome face.
- In early spring of his first year, he received an Atlantic footballfish key chain from Kanata. He now attaches this key chain to his phone, see: School Festival Card and Chuunibyou Card.
- He carries vegetables in his school bag, and has a tendency to offer people vegetables during conversation, especially to apologize for something or express his gratitude.
Voice Actor Comment
"It seems to me that Midori Takamine is the type of boy who has no confidence in himself, and whose body matured faster than his mentality. As in, his physical body grows at a pace incompatible with the mental image he has of himself, causing him to feel perplexed when people start relying on him, making him think, 'Ahh... That's not how I really am...' He tends to complain quite a bit, but he will surely become a great catch, not only physically but also emotionally, so please regard him kindly!" (Enstars!)
"The second son of the greengrocer. He's grown one centimeter taller. I’m sure he feels like a first year in being an idol. He works as Ryusei Green while facing everything straight ahead. Midori-kun, how’s the new scenery like? ... Everyone’s here, so everything will be okay."* (Enstars!!)
|RYUSEITAI||Chiaki Morisawa • Kanata Shinkai • Tetora Nagumo • Midori Takamine • Shinobu Sengoku|
- Climax - Epilogue 3
- Official Profile
- Enstars! Official Profile
- Midori First Sub Story
- Birth of Basukebon
- Midori Takamine Special Event in Tanabata Festival
- Christmas Live - Epilogue 2
- Colorful Autumn - Chapter 6
- Biblio - Bind and Unfold 1
- Climax - He Won't Cry 3
- Morning Practice 2
- Biblio - Bind and Unfold 1
- A Detour Encounter