Though he’s rugged-looking, he is good at sewing and handles making costumes. He is caring, manly, and overprotective of his little sister. With a powerful yet gentle singing voice, his performances are rough and brilliant.
A member of Rhythm Link’s AKATSUKI.
Kuro is a very tall young man with a good build. He has short, spiky bright red hair that is brushed back from the front, with one lock of hair left gracing his forehead. He has very light yellow-green narrow eyes. He wears two black stud earrings, two golden rings on his right ear, and one on his left.
Kuro seems scary at first due to his looks and furrowed eyebrows, but he is a kind person who struggles to show it physically. He wants to protect others so they don't suffer as he did in the past. Though he used to look like he's in a bad temper often, his expressions became more loose as the year went on.
He has a big heart and tries to help those who trust him, and while he can be kind, he will not hesitate to call out his fellow unitmates or friends in case what they're doing is hurting others or is wrong. Due to this he is prone to be overly blunt. He tries to avoid serious confrontation after an event in his past.
In conclusion, he is a straightforward and caring person who's trying to free himself from guilt and help his fellow idols reach their dreams by becoming a shield for them.
The character for "Ku" (紅) in Kuro's first name means "crimson," which resonates with his red hair. The character can also be found in AKATSUKI's name, which literally means "crimson moon." Kuro's last name consists of two characters which mean "demon/ogre" (鬼) and "dragon" (龍), befitting of his intimidating appearance and his animal motif. As he is close with Tetora Nagumo, who has "tiger" (虎) in his name, it is likely that Kuro's "dragon" is a reference to the tiger and dragon in Buddhism. In addition, their respective cards in The Four Beasts of Fistfighting reflect this.
- Kuro's autograph consists of his full name, rendered in kanji.
- His hair colour, red with black streaks, matches Tetora Nagumo.
- He and Rinne Amagi are the tallest characters in the game.
- He is strong enough to lift a grown man and throw him a good distance. He's done this to Keito in Quarrel Festival, so that Keito would land on the mikoshi that was surrounded by the crowd. He was even able to lift up Madara in Shinsengumi, who is one of the tallest characters in the cast.
- It is likely his solo song, Crimson Soul, is a reference to his name. As stated in Etymology, Kuro's first name contains "crimson" (紅). In Chinese, the "Ki" (鬼) in his last name could mean "the spirit of a dead man, a name, a ghost, a spectre" before the introduction of Buddhism, a less malignant meaning than its modern one. In other words, "Soul" in the song's name could refer to the "Ki" in his last name.
- Kuro is prone to motion sickness, which may explain his dislike of vehicles.
- Sora described his color as "Warm and fluffy".
Voice Actor Comment
"When I first saw the character Kuro Kiryu, I was struck not only by his appearance, which goes without saying, but also by his catchphrase. 'A domestic delinquent'--as I was wondering about how to portray a delinquent with a domestic side to him, I looked at his specialty column and saw 'Fighting, embroidery,' and I thought, indeed, he's a very domestic guy. Plus he's a delinquent. He's also a straightforward guy at heart, as well as the captain of the Karate Club... What a nice guy! So I put all of my efforts into bringing out the spirit of this character! I hope you will enjoy Ensemble Stars, a game where many such charming characters will make their appearance." (Enstars!)
"" * (Enstars!!)
|AKATSUKI||Keito Hasumi • Kuro Kiryu • Souma Kanzaki|