On top of his idol activities, Izumi engages in modelling in Europe. Stoic and high-strung, he also enjoys fussing over people who give him the chance to do so. He has a soulful singing voice and his performances are relaxed and beautiful.
|“||I’m Izumi Sena of New Dimension, and I’m a member of the unit Knights. Since graduating from Yumenosaki Academy, I’ve been working as a model overseas, but I return to Japan to work as an idol as well when I’m called upon. … Which one is my main focus? You see, when you’re as good as me, you can do both together. For the time being, I’m prioritizing my modeling, but it’s not like I’m skimping out on my idol work, either. And if you doubt me, why not see for yourself how I balance both?||”|
|“||Sena is just like a nagging mamma~! Every time I leave my phone somewhere, he scolds me like, “Don’t go losing that wealth of personal information!” And the other day when I was sleeping outside like usual, he scolded me and said, “I told you to go home, so go!” But then he dragged me back to his place to sleep, so he really helped me out. He seriously is a nice guy. That Sena is super reliable, and I love him! ☆||”|
Izumi has messy gray hair and light blue eyes with a fair complexion.
On stage as one of Knights, Izumi wears a blue, gold, black, and white jacket with a cape and ruffled tailcoat over a white shirt with a detailed blue collar and black zipper, both accented with gold. The jacket has black epaulettes accented with gold. A silver fleur de lis symbol attached to a light blue banner with gold and dark blue accents is pinned to the jacket's chest. There are two thin golden ropes attached to it, stretching across the front of the jacket and linking to the right shoulder pad. Three more golden ropes are attached to each side of the jacket where there would normally be buttons, but they are are decorative and are tied into a flower pattern. He wears a black glove with an opening near the wrist on his right hand, with a gold bracelet on his left. He wears dark gray pants with vertical light stripes and a thick belt that is accented with four golden buttons with a golden stripe on each side. The pants have small pockets accented with a golden top and button, and the belt has two strings of golden beads attached. His shoes are white with gold and black accents with a dip around the ankles.
He has a rude attitude towards most people he meets, being overly harsh in his criticisms and quick to point out their flaws. Despite this, he is quick to lend a helping hand to anyone who needs it, although begrudgingly. He never seems to ignore the struggles of other people, especially his underclassmen, who he wants to guide and take care of despite his harsh and grumpy personality. His harshness is often interlaced with an overbearing fussiness and perfectionism that renders him unable to sit back and watch while others fail.
Contrary to his claims, Izumi treasures his unit to an unimaginable extent, always working hard to make up for his wrongdoings during DDD and pushing himself to be better. He is a very hard-working person, believing he can achieve his goals with effort alone, and never relying on things such as raw talent or religious faith.
It is often pointed out by his unit members Ritsu and Arashi that Izumi harbors no ill intent, claiming his insults are a way he sees to hide the fact that his pride and confidence are a bluff to cover his own struggles and insecurities, as he doesn’t like to seem vulnerable to other people.
Izumi's first name (泉) means "water spring." The first character in his last name (瀬) means "shoal." These are perhaps related to his preference for small, cool bodies of water, such as natural springs.
- Izumi's autograph consists of only his first name, rendered in Roman letters.
- Izumi often nicknames other people he is close to.
- He shares the same birthday with Rei Sakuma, November 2nd.
- Akira, the main writer of Ensemble Stars, stated in early 2015 that, although he was commissioned to write a "tsundere" type for Izumi's character, he ended up being "yandere", in reference to Izumi's passionate feelings of love towards Makoto that break his cool-headedness and strip him of his usual serious personality.
- His favorite color is blue.
- He is bad with heat and often complains when he is exposed to hot weather.
- The scent of alcohol makes him feel sick.
- He can knit. Examples of his work include:
- Izumi is often nicknamed “mom” or “sister-in-law” by his close friends to poke fun of the exaggerated way he worries about others, his mother-like nagging being the most remarkable part of it.
- Sora described his color as "A very kind color, Sora’s favorite, and as "silver, in both character and color".
Voice Actor Comments
"This is Masami Ito, and I was in charge of Izumi Sena's role. I was very honored to be given this opportunity to voice Izumi-kun, as well as to join such an outstanding cast. I am very grateful to all the players whom I will meet on this journey! And I am eagerly waiting for the day I can meet everyone in the game!" (Enstars!)
|Knights||Leo Tsukinaga • Izumi Sena • Arashi Narukami • Tsukasa Suou • Ritsu Sakuma|
- Official Profile
- Official Profile
- Izumi Sena Voice List - Other 2
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Stars and Knights 2, multiple Izumi Sena voice lines
- Fortune Banquet - Epilogue 2
- Star Festival - Silent Knights 1
- Star Festival - Silent Knights 6
- Star Festival - Izumi's Normal Event
- The King's Horseback Ride - The Naked King 3
- Sora Harukawa: Next Door Minitalk
- Next Door - Chapter 5