|Please refrain from causing discourse regarding Arashi's gender. It is acceptable to refer to Arashi however you'd like in the comments, however the wikia pages will use he/him to stay consistent. Any new comments that may cause discourse or spark an argument will be removed.|
|Arashi Narukami |
|"Boys who work hard really are treasures of the world ☆"|
|Club||Track & Field Club (Captain)|
|Family||Parents, older brother, pet cat|
|Voice Actor||Sosuke Soma (草摩そうすけ) (April 28, 2015 - July 17, 2015)
Ryo Kitamura (北村諒) (July 18, 2015 - Present)
|First Debut||Ensemble - 100 (Game)|
Chapter 5 (Manga)
A friendly and cheerful young man who speaks in a girly tone. He treats the heroine affectionately and acts like a big sister to her. His principle is "everything in moderation." Even though he's versatile and tries out all sorts of things, he's not serious about any of them.
Being a narcissist full of self-confidence, he loves jobs that allow him to be seen by others. He worked as a model before he entered the school. The teacher Akiomi Kunugi is his former senior in the modeling world. Loves hardworking boys. Member of the unit Knights.
Arashi has messy blonde hair that is swept from the right and light blue eyes. He has a total of three piercings on his ears: two on his left and one on his right. He wears a stud earring on each ear and a loop earring only on his left. He also wears a metal ring on his right index finger. He wears his school blazer unbuttoned, his white shirt tucked in his pants, and his blue tie properly. The tie has a gold tip and another pattern above the tip. He wears a brown belt with a black and gray buckle on his plaid pants. He wears red sneakers with black laces and black soles.
On stage as one of the knights, Arashi wears a navy blue, white, and gold jacket resembling a royal military uniform over a black shirt which is left unbuttoned at the collar. He wears black gloves with a golden stripe on the wrist and a golden pattern on the front. On the jacket, there are four thin golden ropes attached to the collar, two connecting to the right shoulder pad and the back of the jacket while the other two are left hanging with knots in the front of the jacket. There are also two golden ropes which hang from the bottom left of the front to the back of the jacket. There is a navy blue and white stripe patterned sash connecting from his left shoulder pad to the bottom right of his jacket. He wears black lace-up mid-calf boots with white accents and black laces, as well as navy blue striped pants.
- Arashi's first name (嵐) means "storm". The two characters in his last name mean "to roar, rumble" (鳴) and "up, above" (上), respectively. Furthermore, Arashi's last name is homophonous with the word 鳴神, which means "thunder" and has a semantic connection with his first name.
- Arashi's autograph consists of his full name, rendered in kanji. It also features a heart and a smiley face, which bespeak his playful personality.
- Arashi uses the personal pronoun ‘Atashi' (アタシ) to refer to himself which is often used by females.
- Arashi commonly enjoys collecting point cards and receiving the prizes while shopping. Examples of such are seen in Holiday and Fruits Parlor.
- The name of Arashi's cat is Nyanko, a cutesy way to say “cat”, sort of like kitty.
- In his 3rd Sub Story, Arashi is fond of knights' uniform, but finds it rather boring due to its lack of color.
- Arashi goes about daily routines of narcissism where he confesses to himself and becomes engrossed over his own beauty. This is because Arashi lives by the principle of “above anyone else, I love myself” as a way of maintaining self-esteem despite everyone who had inflicted hurt in the past, as shown in Swaying in the Wind and Beasts.
- Arashi is very protective of friends, to the point of frequently wishing to inflict physical harm on Shu for his rough treatment of Mika in multiple stories (such as Magical Halloween and Sports Festival 3) and stating “What sort of nasty awful girl would just ditch their beloved friend when they’re in a pinch? Not me” in Bouquet of Desire. Arashi’s dedication to friends is seen frequently throughout many stories, and in event Normal/Special Events can be frequently seen offering help and reassurance to Anzu.
- Arashi is referred to by the game developers as "Arashi-chan." Through the various stages of the game's development, he was otherwise referred to (chronologically) as "Narukami-kun," "Arashi-kun," and "Arashi-kun-chan."
- As Arashi commonly refers to himself as "onee-chan," meaning "older sister," it has become a running gag where different characters make the same rebuttal in confusion, saying something along the lines of "Er... but I do believe Narukami-senpai is not a "sister," but a "brother"...?" (This particular instance comes from Fruits Parlor.) When questioned on his gender, Arashi commonly replies that such talk is "boorish" and that whether he is a boy or a girl should be a trivial matter.
- As revealed in Reminiscence ＊ End of the Marionette's Strings, he dyed his hair brown and wore glasses to match Akiomi. He also did not participate in idol activities very much in his first year, only partaking in respect to his co-modeling worker, Izumi.
- It was revealed in Star Festival that Arashi held someone important to him in his past, who had called him the most beautiful person in the world and declared their love to him. However, this person had committed suicide (supposedly during winter) after having their dreams broken. A cenotaph built at the school was made to represent that person and others who have perished. It is seen in Arashi's (Holy Knight of Silver) Arashi Narukami card. It is because of this that Arashi always tries to be there for others who might be struggling, because it may have been too late to help that person, but not too late to help others.
- In the same event, it was also revealed by Izumi that Arashi had an extremely terrible personality before entering Yumenosaki. He refused to speak politely to seniors and always responded back sarcastically several times if scolded.
- Arashi’s reactions to others and self-understanding gradually develop throughout the year. While both very early in the year (such as in Purple Wisterias of May) and much later (such as in Beasts) it is expressed that Arashi wants to present to the world the Arashi that it wishes to see, rather than any expression of personal preference, much more discomfort is shown in regards to it during Beasts. As such, changes in expression are seen with characters close to them, with Madara and Tetora in particular using feminine terms, and Izumi even stating in SS that while he sees Arashi as just being Arashi, he would categorize them as a girl if he was limited to the choices of girl and boy.
|Character||Name||Arashi's Nickname||Nickname for them|
|Anzu (Protagonist)||· Onee-chan (お姉ちゃん)|
· Arashi (嵐)
|· Transfer Student-chan (転校生ちゃん)|
· Anzu-chan (あんずちゃん)
|Hajime Shino||· Narukami-senpai (鳴上先輩)||· Hajime-chan (創ちゃん)|
|Midori Takamine||· The senior from Knights ()|
|Mitsuru Tenma||· Arashi-chan-senpai (嵐ちゃん先輩)||· Mitsuru-chan (光ちゃん)|
|Sora Harukawa||· Sora-chan (宙ちゃん)|
|Tetora Nagumo||· Narukami-senpai (鳴上先輩)||· Tetora-chan (鉄虎ちゃん)
· Tetora-kun (鉄虎くん) (Current)
|Tomoya Mashiro||· Narukami-senpai (鳴上先輩)||· Tomoya-chan (友也ちゃん)|
|Tori Himemiya||· Tori-chan (桃李ちゃん)|
|Tsukasa Suou||· Narukami-senpai (鳴上先輩)||· Tsukasa-chan (司ちゃん)|
|Yuta Aoi||· Narukami-senpai (鳴上先輩)||· Yuta-chan (ゆうたちゃん)|
|Adonis Otogari||· Narukami (鳴上)||· Adonis-chan (アドニスちゃん)|
|Arashi Narukami||· Atashi (アタシ)|
· Onee-chan (お姉ちゃん)
|Hokuto Hidaka||· Narukami (鳴上)||· Hokuto-chan (北斗ちゃん)|
|Koga Oogami||· Okama Bastard (オカマ野郎)||· Koga-chan (晃牙ちゃん)|
|Makoto Yuuki||· Narukami-kun (鳴上くん)||· The newbie (新入りのあの子) (Main Story)|
|Mao Isara||· Narukami (鳴上)||· Mao-chan (真緒ちゃん)|
|Mika Kagehira||· Naru-chan (なるちゃん)||· Mika-chan (みかちゃん)|
|Natsume Sakasaki||· Kaminari-san (カミナリさん)||· Natsume-chan (夏目ちゃん)|
|Ritsu Sakuma||· Nakkun (ナッくん) (In the Past)|
· Natchan/Nacchan (ナッちゃん)
|· Ritsu-chan (凛月ちゃん)|
|Souma Kanzaki||· Narukami-dono (鳴上殿)||· Souma-chan (颯馬ちゃん)|
|Subaru Akehoshi||· Okama-san (オカマさん)||· Subaru-chan (スバルちゃん)|
|Yuzuru Fushimi||· Narukami-sama (鳴上さま)||· Yuzuru-chan (弓弦ちゃん)|
|Eichi Tenshouin||· Narukami-kun (鳴上くん)||· Tenshouin-senpai (天祥院先輩)|
|Izumi Sena||· Naru-kun (なるくん)|
· Shitty Okama (クソオカマ)
|· Izumi-chan (泉ちゃん)|
|Kuro Kiryu||· Narukami (鳴上)||· Kiryu-senpai (鬼龍先輩)|
|Leo Tsukinaga||· Naru (ナル)||· Ou-sama/King (王様)
· “Leo-kun”-san (『れおくん』さん) (Checkmate)
|Nazuna Nito||· Arashi-chin (嵐ちん)||· The Broadcast Committee Boss (放送委員会の親玉)
· Nazuna Nito-senpai (仁兎なずな先輩)
|Rei Sakuma||· Arashi-kun (嵐くん)|
|Shu Itsuki||· Narukami (鳴上)||· that “Oshi-san” guy (『お師さん』ってひと)
· "Oshi-san" (『お師さん』)
|Tsumugi Aoba||· Narukami-kun (鳴上くん)||· Aoba-senpai (青葉先輩)|
|Madara Mikejima||· Arashi-san (嵐さん)||· Mama (ママ)|
|Akiomi Kunugi||· Narukami-kun (鳴上くん)|
· Arashi-kun (嵐くん) (A Midsummer Night's Dream)
|· Kunugi-sensei (椚センセェ)
· Akiomi-san (章臣さん) (A Midsummer Night's Dream)
|Jin Sagami||· Sagami-sensei (佐賀美センセ)|
|Mademoiselle||· Mademoiselle-chan (マドモアゼルちゃん)|
Voice Actor Comment
"Both Arashi Narukami and I myself are fully supportive of hardworking boys and girls. Please enjoy Ensemble Stars together with this wonderfully quirky character!" - Sosuke Soma
"Pleased to meet you. I'm Ryo Kitamura, playing as Arashi Narukami. My first impression of him was that of a model who dislikes bothersome things and the likes, which i thought to be a little like me, and we also share a great affinity.
Aside from that, his cheerful personality was really fun to play and I'm happy I was allowed to be able to play as this character" - Ryo Kitamura
|Unit||Leo Tsukinaga • Izumi Sena • Arashi Narukami • Tsukasa Suou • Ritsu Sakuma|